The Next Installment of the Harry Potter Movie Series Is Here

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Calling all Muggles, Wizards, and fangirls alike, the most magical time of the year is officially upon us us. Yes, a new Harry Potter movie called Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them movie is hitting theaters this week and we can all hardly contain ourselves. Whether you’ve vigorously read all the books and are a die hard fan for life, or watched the first movie with your cousin that one time, this movie is going to be the hit of the season. If it’s been since your fifth grade Harry Potter phase since you’ve last seen the movies or read the books, or just want to be updated before it’s ruined on Twitter, here’s what you need to know about Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them:

• It’s based off a textbook Harry used and referenced throughout the series called “Fantatsic Beasts and Where to Find Them” written by Newt Scamander, a Hogwarts graduate who studied magical creatures in the 1920’s. 
  • He leaves the UK for the fast paced New York City, diving into an entirely new wizarding world
  • Along the way some of his monsters get lost in the city and Newt is now on an action-packed adventure to gather his creatures while discovering both the fascitnaing and dark elements of America’s wizarding world.

Although J.K Rowling’s latest installment to the iconic series does not star the timeless trio of Harry, Ron, and Hermione, Newt Scamander is played by none other than Eddie Redmayne, and if he isn’t reason enough to go then I don’t know what is.

For all you Buckeyes, Gateway Film Center will be showing Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them starting Thursday the 17th so get your tickets now!

Emme is a journalism major and graphic design minor at THE Ohio State University. She is new to HerCampus but is so excited to get involved with the HC community. When she isn't writing for HC, she spends her writing for her own blog at www.emmereed.com, fangirling over Halsey and the Kardashians, playing the ukulele, shopping online, and eating avocado toast. She aspires to one day be the Duchess of Cambridge or Anna Wintour or a combination of the two.