InsPiRation: Looking Ahead to the Future of Public Relations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

The Ohio State PRSSA is holding the 2014 PaRtners Conference, which will be held at the Ohio State Union on April 12th 2014 from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Registration is now open and will close on April 10th at 11:30 p.m., and is available online. The registration fee is $35 for Ohio State students; the costs include food and beverage for the day’s activities.

PRSSA has invited 150 PR and communication students and professionals to attend the conference. Professionals will be coming from a variety of places; such as New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Indiana and Michigan. We are proud to announce several impressive and successful professionals have been secured to attend. A few speakers scheduled to present include an exec VP from Golin Harris, the president of WOMMA, a Global Transition Manager at Nike and reps from Express and The Dispatch.

Any Ohio State students interested in public relations, marketing, advertising, journalism, and/or communication-related fields are urged to attend the conference. The PaRtners Conference will be an excellent opportunity to network with professionals, and gain insight regarding the fields of communication.

In the attempt to give back and support a regional philanthropy, we have paired with Dress for Success Columbus. Conference attendees are encouraged to bring a donation of business casual clothes, shoes, bags or new makeup/cosmetics to donate to our charity. Donation boxes will be located throughout the conference location.

If there are any questions please feel free to reach out and email us at ohiostateprssa@gmail.com. We hope to see you in April!

I am a senior at Ohio State, majoring in Communications.I enjoys reading, catching up on celebrity gossip, fashion, and fitness. I hopes to grow as a writer and further my career in journalism and PR.