The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of the Grammys Red Carpet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Unless you live under a rock, you’ve probably seen all the buzz surrounding this year’s Grammy Awards. From the red carpet to the performances, this was another show not to be forgotten. I have rounded up my favorite and least favorite looks of the night, as well as a few I am not sure how to feel about.

Best Dressed

Ariana Grande in Versace

Ariana has made such dramatic changes to her style in the past year and I have to say I love it (and her), a lot. This dress is obviously sexy but the silver detailing keeps it classy.

Taylor Swift in Ellie Saab

There is no blank space in my mind that the queen of classy ensembles would stun on the carpet. The best part of her look? The fuchsia and teal duet between her dress and shoes.

Katy Perry in Zuhair Murad

The singer was sparkly as a firework in her sheer, flapper inspired ensemble that she could shimmy the night away in. Her lavender locks were the perfect accesory for the ensemble.

Gwen Stefani in Atelier Versace

This jumpsuit is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S, but in the best way possible. The structure of the bodice is a quirky work of art that matches the singer’s personality to a tea.

Anna Kendrick in Band of Outsiders

Anna took the Jennifer Aniston route with a sleek all black pantsuit and the deep V-neckline makes it pitch perfect.

Worst Dressed

Kim Kardashian in Jean Paul Gautier

This look made me think that Kim decided to wear a bathrobe that she let North bedazzle. Not a shining moment for the reality star.

Zendaya in Vivienne Westwood

I think that if this dress had been a solid color, it would have been so much better. The pattern looks like it was once a curtain or upholstery of some kind, and the short hair isn’t doing it for me.

Lady Gaga in Brandon Maxwell

The Jessica Rabbit vibes are something new for the tamed down Gaga now that she is working with Tony Bennett. While it is elegant, I still would have liked something a little bit more conservative because of this new musical pairing.

You Decide

Rihanna in Giambattista Valli

Despite the possibility that she may have smuggled multiple people in under her dress, I kind of like this. It’s unexpected which is something Rihanna is all about when it comes to fashion but many people don’t feel the same.

Iggy Azalea in Armani Prive

She’s so fancy in this stunning blue dress. The only thing that is holding her back from my best dressed list is her hair. Yes to headband braids but no to making them look like a bird’s nest.

Julie is a Senior at The Ohio State University pursuing degrees in Fashion and Retail and Business. A lover of all things fashion from a young age, she loves having the chance to write the style blog for the site as well as being the chapter's President. When she is not writing, she loves singing in Ohio State's Women's Glee Club, updating her style blog, and online shopping when she should be doing homework. After graduation, Julie hopes to become a celebrity stylist or work in the fashion department of a magazine. Visit thelookinthemirror.blogspot.com for more from Julie.