The 10 Standard Reactions to Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Finals week is a rollercoaster of emotions. The procrastination kings and queens reach their full potential and you don’t seem to know how you’ll get through it. Just know you’re not alone; we all go through it and you will make it out alive. Here are 10 standard reactions everyone feels during finals week.

1. When looking at your exam schedule, you feel like your teachers are out to get you.

2. At the beginning of the week, you tell yourself you’re going to wake up early to study.

The reality is:

3. While studying, you don’t seem to remember learning any of the material.

4. Then you start to feel so overwhelmed you just want to cry.

5. You procrastinate for a while, but then eventually something inspires you to keep studying.

6. So somehow, you end up cramming it all in.

7.  The exam time has come and you get to the room, sit down and are handed the test.

8. While taking the test, you second guess everything you’ve learned and become extremely paranoid.

9. But you turn it in anyway and leave feeling both relieved and defeated. Even if you failed, it’s over.

10. All you can do then is wait for the grades and pack to go home.

We wish you all the best on your finals.

Now get back to work!

HCXO

I am a senior at The Ohio State University majoring in Communication and minoring in Theatre. After graduation, I will pursue a career in Public Relations and Event Planning.