What to do in Eugene During Parents Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Your college years are among the best and most adventurous of your life. Most of us are living on our own for the first time, you meet so many cool people, and you are figuring out what you want to do for the rest of your life. All of the freedom is great, but sometimes a girl just needs her parents. Being from out of state, I don’t get to see my sweet mom or dad very often. Luckily, they are able to come visit me from time to time in the rainy city of Eugene. When they first came I was nervous that we wouldn’t have much to do–this is a college town after all. But how wrong I was! Here are my favorite things to do with my parents when they come visit me at school!

Food, food, food

Eating is one of my favorite activities. And since I’m not the best cook, there’s nothing I love more than eating out! A good meal just brings people together. Here is a list of my personal favorite parent approved restaurants:

The Glenwood

1340 Alder

Off The Waffle

2540 Willamette

Lucky Noodle

207 E 5th Ave

The Vintage

839 Lincoln St

Chapala

68 W 29th Ave

Get Outside

If you ask me, nothing is more Eugene than taking a walk in Alton Baker Park. You get everything: trees, crisp fresh air, Autzen, and great, interesting, people along the way. It’s so cool to be in that area on non-game days-the feeling is way more calm and peaceful, perfect for catching up with your parents!

Saturday Market

Going to the saturday market is the quintessential Eugene experience. Grab some fresh vegetables so you can make dinner later, pick up a present for your brother, and cheer on the street musicians.

Show Your Duck Pride

This is probably my favorite thing that I’ve done with my folks here in Eugene. Show your parents around campus! Find your favorite building, your favorite study spot, and end your campus tour at the Duck Store.

Rebecca is a senior at the School of Journalism and Communication at the University of Oregon. She is currently studying photography and magazine journalism. Hailing from the mountain town of Bend, Oregon, Rebecca values being outdoors, staying active, and the beauty in simple things. She loves seeing what other people are exploring in their fashion and finding new trends. Rebecca is a lover of all things creative, spontaneous, stylish, and interesting.