Back-to-School Snapshot: Ashlee Brown

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.
Fall is here and I’m so ecstatic about it because besides the arrival of a new school year, pumpkin spice lattes and Halloween, I can finally bust out some of my favorite fall pieces. When I dress for school, I try to make comfort a priority, but I also want to look my very best. Don’t get me wrong, I love Uggs and leggings as much as the next girl, but I think that getting all dolled up for school can give you the confidence to take on the day!

My day consisted of going to classes, meetings and the ASUO Street Faire so I kept all of those events in mind when I went to choose an outfit. I needed something that was stylish, comfortable and presentable. Here’s what I chose:

photos: Anetra Brown

The focal point here is definitely the scarf. When I saw it at H&M, I just thought that it had the most beautiful pattern…and it’s super soft! Since it is the middle of October and the beginning of rainy season in Eugene, I opted for a sweater with a leather look jacket on top. To keep the consistency of the dark colors in the look, I chose to pair the sweater with some black jeans and grey Converse sneakers. 

This is really a go-to look because it’s comfortable, trendy and easy to put together. Pretty much everything I have on is a basic, staple piece so it’d be really easy to create different looks for the rest of the week by simply switching out one of the basics. 

What are some of your go-to looks?

Outfit details:

Scarf: H&M
Jacket: Foreign Exchange
Sweater: Forever 21
Jeans: H&M
Shoes: Converse
Jewlery: gold Timex watch, gold Forever 21 midi rings
Ashlee is a senior at the University of Oregon studying psychology. She is passionate about cognition and aspires to work in behavioral neuroscience and study Autism Spectrum Disorder. A HerCampus rookie, she is extremely excited to dive in and create great content for HC readers. In her spare time she loves to watch Netflix (Scandal and Orange Is The New Black are her favorites), eat carrot cake and have dance parties with her sister in their apartment. 
The official Her Campus Oregon account