Profile: Salem Weresh

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Meet this week’s Profile, Salem Weresh! 

Major: I am a SuperJ student currently in the Journalism school at Oregon. 

Hometown: I’m from Des Moines, Iowa in the epic heart of the Midwest 

Year in School: I’m a sophomore

Why did you choose U of O?

I’ve always had a soft spot for the Pacific Northwest, and having a sister at the same school as me was a blessing I noticed when I decided UO was a perfect fit.

Is there anything that you are involved with on campus?

I am apart of Spoon University, an online publication that basically talks about anything and everything food related in the Eugene community. It is a national publication that has branches in schools all over the country. I am also a part of the Greek community as a sister of Alpha Phi Tau Chapter, and their pan-hellenic delegate for the FSL community on campus.

What is something that you have always wanted to try?

I have an addiction to watching go-pro videos of people hang gliding. Maybe I’ll grow the balls to try that one day.

What is the best vacation you have ever went on?

I’ve been blessed with parents that drag me on almost all trips they have taken, and my favorite would definitely be visiting Positano, Italy.  Boating along the Amalfi coast will always be one of the coolest images that’s set in my head. I also tried a fish eyeball, which was definitely a one-time experience.

Kara Fagan is currently a sophomore at the University of Oregon, where she is studying the field of journalism. Even though she is greatly driven to do well in academics, she also enjoys many other activities that college life has to offer. You can find her going out to eat at Qdoba with friends, curled up in sweats watching Netflix, or even joining events that her sorority, Alpha Phi, sets up. If you want to find out more about Kara, follow her on Instagram (@fagan_kara)!
The official Her Campus Oregon account