Little Things To Do This Spring Break, No Matter Where You Are

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Spring break is finally here! All of those finals, all nighters, and essays are finally behind us, and life couldn’t be better. I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to forget about classes for a minute and just take some time to catch up on the little things. While we’re busy with school and everything that comes with it, it’s easy to forget the seemingly small stuff. No matter if you plan on traveling with your family, road tripping with your friends, working, or just kicking back at home for a week, there’s always a list of fun things to catch up on, and I’m here to make sure you don’t forget any of them!

Update your playlist

By the time each term ends, I feel like I’m stuck in a music rut; every party plays the same dance music, all of my study tunes seem to blend together into one massive classical piano track, and my playlist for getting ready in the morning does not have the same energizing affect it did during week one. Whether you’re lounging on the beach with your iPad or hanging around with your siblings, it’s so easy to take an hour or two and revamp your iTunes so you’re ready to welcome the upcoming term with some new beats!

Actually read for pleasure

We all always say that we don’t have time to read the books we want to be reading because there’s so much homework to be done, so we just put them off until break. But it’s easy to get so wrapped up in relaxing that you forget about that long list of books you used to be dying to read. After you’ve caught up on your reality TV shows (I, for one, am way behind on Kourtney and Kim Take Miami) crack open a book and read for a while! I plan on finally starting When Women Were Birds by Terry Tempest Williams.

Start a new hobby

Spring break is the perfect time to find something new that you love to do. Finding an new, relaxing hobby will help you get through your upcoming academic term with minimal stress. Start journaling, learn to knit, or take a Zumba class. You never know what will stick. 

Clean out your makeup bag

I accumulate a lot of makeup. I don’t really wear a lot of it, I’m just a sucker for packaging. I’m always surprised at the surplus of products I have when I am trying to zip up my cosmetics bag for the trip home. Take a second over spring break to clean your brushes, get rid of old mascaras, and toss out used up lipsticks. Then reward yourself with that new eyeliner you’ve been wanting—it won’t take up that much room!

Set goals

Write yourself a letter to open after spring term is over. What do you hope to accomplish? What grades do you expect to get? What do you want your summer plans to be? Who do you think will have the best party? Did you actually get the courage to wear that crazy outfit you have always wanted to? Ten weeks doesn’t sound like a long enough period of time to write a letter to “future you,” but believe me, a lot can change in two and a half months. And I mean a lot. 

The official Her Campus Oregon account