Eugene Fall Activities You Can’t Miss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Autumn is hands down my favorite season. It’s gorgeous, the weather is just the right amount of brisk, and everything is just cuddlier! It even smells amazing. But the best thing about the season has to be all of the fun fall-themed activities there are to do. From taking it easy to getting your workout on, I’m here to help you have your best Eugene autumn ever!

Visit the Pumpkin Patch
Sure, you could pick up a pumpkin or two at Safeway next time you go grocery shopping. But why do that when you could make a day of it? Grab some friends or that cute boyfriend, pick up a chai latte from Dutch Bros, and head over to Lone Pine Farms! They have the best pumpkin patch experience. Not only are there pumpkins (obviously!), but there are tons of great photo ops and an awesome petting barn. Not to mention the scenery is to die for. Once you’ve picked that perfect pumpkin, you can grab a tasty carmel apple to share while enjoying that perfect fall feeling!

Ditch the Gym
Living in Oregon, running outside usually means running in the rain. While it can be fun, it can get old which means collegiettes start to take there exercise indoors. That will probably happen to me come the winter months, but right now the weather is great for a jog any time of the day. The temperature is perfect for working up a sweat, and the air is crisp and wonderful. So go for a run to Autzen, or take a walk by the river with some girlfriends and soak up the final days before the rain.

Go to a Corn Maze
This is probably my favorite college tradition. Every Halloween weekend, a group of friends and I get all bundled up and spend our night at Lone Pine’s Haunted Corn Maze. If you aren’t in the mood to get spooked, there is a Daytime Corn Maze available. But come on! It’s Halloween, yelling and being dramatic is half the fun of the holiday. Plus, it’s always nice to have a break from the normal college Halloween party scene. Just don’t forget to wear some rubber boots or an old pair of Keds because your shoes will definitely get trashed while you navigate through all of that corn! Prepare to be aMAZEd!

Bake
I’m going to be honest. I’m not much of a baker. In fact, I’m actually really bad at it. But there is something about fall flavors that makes me want to try a little harder. From pumpkin to cinnamon to chai, there are so many tasty treats during the autumn months! I firmly believe that everyone needs to indulge their sweet tooth way more than usual this time of year. If you’re totally clueless about baking (like me!), use blogs to get inspired. Try these recipes from a fellow Oregon collegiette’s rad cupcake blog!
Chai Cinamon Hazelnut Cupcakes
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Chai Buttercream Fro
Sickerdoodle Cupcakes

Shop Till You Drop
Fall fashion is everyone’s favorite. You don’t have to cover up your ensemble with a rain jacket quiet yet, and who doesn’t love boots, scarves, hats, wool socks, sweaters…the list goes on and on! There are so many fun ways to add to your fall wardrobe in Eugene. The campus street fair has tons of gorgeous accessories and fun jackets. And the Saturday Market has cute clothes and an amazing atmosphere. Take advantage of these places and pick up some unique pieces while you can!

Be A Kid Again
Having fun as a kid was so low key. My autumn season was filled with jumping in leaves, bike rides, drinking hot chocolate that was equal parts hot chocolate and whipped cream, and snuggling up to watch Hocus Pocus or Charlie Brown. I’m sure we all did these things, and I’m also sure we should never stop. Enjoy the little things that fall has to offer. You don’t always need to go on a huge outing; the world is your playground!

Photo Sources:
http://www.eugenecascadescoast.org/includes/media/images/Lone-Pine-Farms-by-Jamie-Hooper.jpg
http://cdn.images.bimfs.com/KVAL/d9a14fd4bd3cdb0f57d2711af9a34fc3b389b058.jpg%3Fw%3D320%26h%3D212
http://media-cache-lt0.pinterest.com/upload/43065740156342767_rA03HqeB_b.jpg

Rebecca is a senior at the School of Journalism and Communication at the University of Oregon. She is currently studying photography and magazine journalism. Hailing from the mountain town of Bend, Oregon, Rebecca values being outdoors, staying active, and the beauty in simple things. She loves seeing what other people are exploring in their fashion and finding new trends. Rebecca is a lover of all things creative, spontaneous, stylish, and interesting.