Campus Celeb: Chase Chandler

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Year: Senior

Major: Digital Arts

Relationship status: Single

HCO: When did you first start DJing? I first started DJing when I was in 8th grade at my junior high graduation party, and continued throughout high school. Since then I have been DJing weddings in Santa Barbara and house parties in Eugene, Oregon.

HCO: What’s your DJ name? DJ Good Vibes.

HCO: Tell me about the competition coming up. What is it/when/where? My competition coming up is after the Willamette Valley Music Festival. All of the campus DJ’s who were supposed to have competed in February will be competing beside me at 11 p.m. on May 10th outside of the Lillis Complex.

HCO: Why do you like playing music/what feeling does it give you? I enjoy playing Electronic dance music (EDM), because it puts people in a good mood. A majority of the music is very uplifting/fun to listen to. Typically I play a lot of remixes of songs that I grew up to that have been redone into a dance style song, including artists such as Sum 41, Coldplay, Imagine Dragons and even famous movie scores at times.

HCO: You’re graduating soon… What are your plans for the future? After graduation I would like to get into the film and commercial industry. I have plans on moving to a major city on the west coast and working on major company’s commercials. My dream would be to direct the next Dorritos Superbowl commercial.

HCO: Can you see yourself DJing professionally? I see myself DJing after college at clubs in major cities, but never relying on my DJ paycheck as my main source of income.

HCO: Besides DJing, what are you passionate about? I really enjoy hanging with my friends and running a club outside of campus called the “Green Club”. Being a Digital Arts student at Oregon, I am swamped with fun, but challenging projects every week that also take up a lot of free time.

Find Good Vibes’ mixes here: www.soundcloud.com/jedivibes

Currently a senior at the University of Oregon, I am the Editor-In-Chief of the Oregon chapter of Her Campus. My dream is to be able to combine my love for travel with my love for journalism. I hope to be a part of something inspiring.