The Best Spots for a Drink in Eugene

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Eugene is known for many things, such as the gorgeous nature and countless wonderful restaurants and cafes! Yet how many know about the great cocktail and drink options for those of us 21+? Eugene’s drinking scene is bursting with fun, festive options! I’m here to break down some of the best options for those of us looking for a little something classier than our usual bar spots. 

Chula’s Restaurant and Cantina – If you love margaritas, then you have to check out Chula’s! You’ve probably driven by this brightly painted building a million times, but have you ever stopped in? Now you have a reason to! Stop by on a Monday night during happy hour from 3:00 – 6:30 P.M. to get yourself a margarita pitcher for only $15! Or, if you like the finer things in life, come on a Friday during happy hour to indulge in their “Fancy Friday” cocktails such as Cosmos and Mojitos. With a location close to campus, delicious food, and great drinks, what more could you ask for?

NOVO – One of the newer restaurant additions to Eugene, NOVO is a Latin-inspired spot located in Oakway Center. Both the food and drinks here ooze with bold flavors from Spain, Peru, and Mexico. If you head here, you have to try a tequila mixed drink or the sangria! Both are bursting with flavor and are the perfect Latin-inspired drink. If you want to go super-authentic, try one of the Pisco mixed drinks! Incredibly popular in Peru, Pisco is a type of alcohol produced in Peru and Chil and is found in almost every authentic drink there. You will not be disappointed by the bar or drink options here!

Rye on 3rd – Tucked away near the Coburg Street bridge, Rye has a very cool atmosphere and drink menu. Their drink menu is unique in that it has separate sections for drinks that are from the Pre-Prohibition Era and another for Prohibition & After drinks. They add their own spin on classics and give you a little history lesson with each drink, such as when the drink was first created and by whom. Try the Aviation Cocktail, Sidecar, or Growing Old and Dying Happy is a Hope Not an Inevitability (yes, that’s really the name). 

Beergarden – For anyone who is more into beer and cider than cocktails and mixed drinks, look no further than the Beergarden. They have an incredibly large beer menu with over 30 beers on tap, plus a nice variety of ciders as well. Behind the bar, the servers are happy to help you decide which beer to get based on your taste preferences. Outside, there is an open patio with 4+ food trucks that serve a variety of tasty foods that pair perfectly with a cold brew. Once the sun and warm weather finally decide to arrive, you can find me here! P.S. It doesn’t hurt that this place is dog-friendly, too!

Make sure to stop by one of these spots and treat yourself to a drink! You can’t go wrong with any of these awesome spots! 

A current senior at UO, Catie spends most of her time stressing about post-grad plans, or procrastinating by watching HGTV shows (Fixer Upper, anyone?). A self-proclaimed caffeine and candy addict, Catie's loves include puppies and sunshine. You can find her in local coffeeshops or soaking up her last few months in Eugene. 
The official Her Campus Oregon account