9 Signs it’s Week 9… As Told by Jess Day from New Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

So it’s Week 9. Everyone knows the term is almost over. It’s so close you can practically taste it, yet it still seems too far away to be true. Teachers are piling on the homework by the literal ton, and there simply seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel. What can you do? Eat cake and cry? But at the same time, you have to make sure you keep on top of your studies. Just what does that look like? Usually the week goes something like this…

Monday

It’s Monday. Waking up is almost impossible, because you had an amazing weekend and you just love sleeping and you CANNOT even think about going to class at 8:30 in the morning.

You manage to get out bed, and somehow drag yourself to class. But your makeup is half-done and your hair is nowhere close to being cleaned and properly tamed. And you actually couldn’t care less.

Tuesday

So you made it through your first day, and you’re feeling pretty darn good. Maybe you can get through this week!

And by the end of Tuesday you realize it’s actually just Wednesday tomorrow. Aaaand you end up a little frazzled. 

Wednesday

Mornings are rough. Classes are boring. And you need some damn caffeine.

And your mom calls to do her weekly “how are you?” and you actually don’t know what to say because you feel like death.

Thursday

You’ve made it past Wednesday.

But when you wake up on Thursday, you just don’t even feel hopeful about, well, anything anymore. If it’s not Friday, you’re not having it.

Coming home from classes, there’s literally only one single thing on your mind.

Well… two.

Friday

When you wake up, YOU’RE READY TO GO. Why? BECAUSE IT’S FRIDAY. But looking back on things, the week has been one rough ride. Like, it could qualify as a Swift-y tragedy love song kinda week.

But it’s kind of all worth it, because when you get home for the weekend, you’ve never been more ready to relax.

And you realize it’s all gonna be okay. 

Because life isn’t too scary! You got this, girl.

A proud UO duck who loves to bake, eat, and photograph cupcakes. She also enjoys hiking, laughing, listening to jazz and cello, and all things that have to do with the winter and snow.
The official Her Campus Oregon account