5 Things to do in Eugene with the Sun Bright and Shining

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Spring term has finally arrived and the weather forecast is looking outstanding. Does anyone remember the months of consistently overcast and rainy skies? Well it is time to say good riddance and shed the gloominess so heavily associated with winter term. Here are a few ways to enjoy the beautiful sunshine here in Eugene.

1.     Soak up that Vitamin D

If you’ve got a couple of hours during the day to spare, tanning is always a great way to enjoy yourself. It’s safe to say we are all a little vitamin D deficient from last term’s gloom, so make up for lost time! 

2.     Take a Stroll Through Hendricks Park

Hendricks Park is beautiful during the springtime with all the new life taking bloom. Located at 2198 Summit Ave, this 78-acre park is perfect for a casual stroll in the sunshine. 

3.     Eat Outside: Enjoy a picnic with Friends!

There’s no better way to enjoy the sunshine than to eat a good meal outside. Grab your dorm food or get something good to-go from 13th and unwind outside on a lawn or somewhere on campus! 

4.     Go Explore the Saturday Market

The Saturday Market in Eugene is full of life during the springtime. Walk around in the sunshine and enjoy the variety of things this market has to offer, such as live band entertainment, international foods, and shopping! 

5.     Lay Out In Front of the Library

Tired of being cooped up in a library room all day? Bring your books and computer outside! The library lawn is a popular place to study when it’s 70 and sunny. Whether you just want a casual read, or have a big midterm coming up, enjoying the beautiful weather makes being studious that much better. 

Hi! My name is Avery Wright and I am a sophomore at the University of Oregon. I am a Journalism and Advertising Major with a special interest in Photography.
The official Her Campus Oregon account