16 Pros of Being an Introvert

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

1. You know every TV show inside and out.

It’s not a joke when you say that you’ve literally seen everything on Netflix. Like, maybe you actually have. Spending that recharging, alone time allows for so much opportunity for TV-ing.

2. You are the best listener. Ever.

Being someone who doesn’t like to talk too much, you have a knack for just the opposite! Listening is your strong suit, and people know they can always come to you to talk about anything and everything. Because you love it! And totally rock at it!

3. You can get totally lost in a book.

In ways like no other, you can find yourself reading for five straight hours without even realizing it. 

4. Your few close friends are super close and super amazing.

You know that you 100% do not need more than two or three or four close friends, introverted or extroverted, because those people are the best, and just get you so much better than all those other people ever could.

5. You can use being an introvert as an amazing excuse for anything.

Not feeling like going to movies/party/shopping/dinner thing that was happening tonight? Eh, just shoot ‘em a text about you being introverted and tired and not feeling it. They’ll totally get it. And it’s really not even an excuse, it’s just true.

6. You can sit back and let everyone else do the talking.

There’s no pressure when it comes to talking and keeping the convo goin’ on. You and your people know you’re not the biggest verbal contributor, and that’s totally okay.

7. You can find utter happiness in your own thoughts and imagination.

Sitting in bed thinking is one of the best pastimes around. For hours. And maybe about five more hours. Some people just don’t totally seem to get that, either. It’s one of those wonderful things that only introverts seem to find utter happiness in.

8. You truly understand the comfort and coziness of a bed full of pillows and blankets.

Tired? Too-long day? Go to bed. Bed’s full of blankets and pillows? Perfect. And you have a mug of coffee/tea/hot chocolate? Best. Day. Ever ever ever.

9. You care a sh*t-ton about everything, in a good way.

There’s never a day you go without overthinking something you said or something someone else did, but it’s okay. Why? Because this makes you caring. And caring about friends and family and anyone close to you is always a good thing.

10. You can feel utterly un-guilty when you’re sitting on your phone.

It’s not just for fun. It’s a way of surviving in the outside world.

11. You know there’s nothing better than being alone.

Honestly, no matter if it was an awesome day or a pretty dang crappy day, you know coming home and spending a solid 15 minutes or 15 hours alone is just the best.

12. You also know there’s nothing better than hanging out with your friends.

And then, you know after you get some good alone time in, spending that time with your friends is the best thing possible. They’re always so good at making you feel happy and filled full of love and making you laugh.

13. You deeply appreciate food.

No one understands how good food is except you. It’s true. Being quiet and reserved means you taste and love and connect with all that wonderful food you’re eating so much more. That chocolate cake? Yeah, you understand it on an emotional level.

14. You know if you ever got stranded on an island alone, you’d be super fine.

Alone for a few weeks? Let’s just say, you definitely wouldn’t turn it down, if it came up.

15. You know how to rock eating alone in a restaurant.

Shame in eating alone? Nooo! You got the whole eating/thinking/people watching down to a science. With no shame.

16. You have gotten ridiculously creative at making excuses to leave.

Stuck in traffic? Oh, you have much better ones than that, for sure. I’ll bet anything you’ve used the my-great-aunt-is-having-minor-surgery-but-I-should-still-stay-home-to-make-sure-everything-goes-fine excuse, tons before now.

Go introverts, go!

A proud UO duck who loves to bake, eat, and photograph cupcakes. She also enjoys hiking, laughing, listening to jazz and cello, and all things that have to do with the winter and snow.
The official Her Campus Oregon account