Five Foods for Friendsgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

Whether you’re from outside of Oregon and can’t get home or you just want to spend time with your friends before Winter Break, Friendsgiving is a great way to celebrate this festive time of year. You don’t have to go all out or be traditional to have fun this Friendsgiving. As long as you have your stretchy pants and some of these great recipes, you’re guaranteed to have a good time. 

1. Thanksgiving Nachos

If you love a good nacho plate and don’t want to give that up for the sake of tradition, try these Thanksgiving nachos on for size. They have cranberry sauce, turkey, peppers, and about everything delicious you could think of eating.

2. Sparkling Cranberries

These cranberries are perfect to set out at your soiree for cranberry-lovers and vegetarians alike. For the perfect pre-feast snack, mix together sugar, water, and cranberries to create this snow-dusted dish.

3. Sweet Potato and Turkey Skillet

If you’ve been itching to use your skillet pan you should try this recipe out for size. This dish is sure to make you feel warm and cozy inside. It incorporates turkey and sweet potato, a new twist on some old Thanksgiving favorites.

4. Fried Mashed Potato Balls

Personally I can’t wait for the Benton County Fair to have some fried food, so I’ll be taking my leftover mashed potatoes and making this yummy recipe. Add butter and spices as necessary, or just because it tastes delicious.

5. Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars

You have the same old pumpkin pie year after year. Why? Try something new with this cheesecake recipe that takes a classic and makes it even yummier. This silky soft bar is sure to be a hit with all of your friends.

Happy Thanksgiving break Beaver Nation!

Madeline is a Senior at Oregon State majoring in Merchandising Management and minoring in writing. She was the 2016-'17 president of Chi Theta Phi, a local design sorority on campus. If she's not in class, at a club meeting, chapter, or writing, she's probably spending time with her family, friends, walking her dogs, eating junk food, or watching too many crime, comedy, or fashion shows on Netflix. She likes cheese, dogs, creative projects, obnoxious animal prints, garage sales, farmer's markets, and generally just being silly.