Meet Jason Markson!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Name: Jason Markson

Age:  21

Birthday: November 20th, 1995

Year:  Junior

Major: Professional Accounting

Hometown: East Brunswick, NJ

Nicknames: Juicy J, The Juice Man, Jarkson

Favorite TV Show: Impractical Jokers

Favorite Movie: SuperBad

Fun Fact: I do very good impressions of people!

Relationship Status:  Single!

1. What clubs and organizations are you involved in on campus? “I am a brother of Alpha Phi Omega. I enjoy going to Shabbat. I also like to play intramural softball. I also work at the IT desk in the library.”
  2. Why did you come to Oneonta? “I came to Oneonta originally because I wanted to be a High School math teacher. Also, Oneonta had the most energy out of the rest of the schools I applied to.”
  3. What is your favorite thing about Oneonta? “My favorite thing about Oneonta is the people I’ve met so far. Also the Mills Market subs are not half bad.”
  4. What do you do in your spare time? “I like to play guitar and jam with friends.  When I can, I like to work out and run. Recently I started training and learning martial arts.”
  5. If you could have an unlimited supply of one thing, what would it be and why? “I would want an unlimited supply of socks because you can never have too many socks.”  
  6. If a genie granted you three wishes, what is the first thing you would wish for? “I would wish to see the Grateful Dead or Led Zeppelin in concert…or an “A” in Intermediate Accounting 2.”
  7. What do you want to do in the future? “I want to be an accountant and pass the CPA exam. I also want to start a band and either open up my own company or start a record label of my own.”
  8.  If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go? “I would go to Greece or Cyprus.”
  9. What’s your spirit animal and why? “My spirit animal is a hedgehog because I am quick, I outsmart others, and I am loveable… and because a buzzfeed quiz told me so.”
  10. If you could eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be? “I would eat burritos for the rest of my life because you can never go wrong with a good burrito.”  
  11. What’s your favorite off campus place to eat? “My favorite place to eat is definitely the Depot.”
  12. What’s a quote that you live by or describes your life? “If it’s to be, it’s up to me.”
Hey everyone! My name is Callan Fridgen, and I'm a junior at Oneonta State studying Communications with a minor in Public Relations. Find me on Instagram @callanfridgen