Meet HC Correspondant, Kenzie Negron

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Name: Kenzie Negron

Year: Sophomore

Major: Adolescent English Education with a minor in Journalism

Why is Kenzie featured as our Campus Celebrity?

Kenzie is the fabulous girl who started our Her Campus chapter here at SUNY Oneonta! Kenzie also writes over at her very own lifestyle blog, titled http://sincerelykenz.com. In her spare time you can usually find Kenzie blogging, hanging with friends, or snowboarding during the winter season.

HC: Why did you first begin blogging?

Kenzie: “I started blogging because I found it as a place where I could express myself through writing. My first semester here at college I took on a Biology major, which I later found to be the worst decision I have ever made. After almost failing out of my biology courses, I decided to make the switch to concentrate in English instead.  I thought starting my own blog would be a great addition to the major I was studying to fulfill. I have fell in love with blogging ever since I started.

HC: When you found out you were eligible to start a HC chapter, how did you feel?

Kenzie: “When I first found out that I was able to start a chapter at Oneonta I felt both nervous and thrilled! I knew taking on this position came with a lot of responsibility and dedication, but at the same time, I was excited to begin this at our school. “

HC: What are your hopes for Her Campus in the future?

Kenzie: “I want it to be both fun and professional. I want our team members to benefit from it as well as lead them to achieve many different opportunities. I have been on sports teams all of my life, and have learned that after a long time spent together, you usually become more of a family than just a team.  My hope is that our team can achieve this “family” bond, and that we can come together to achieve some amazing things!”

HC: If you had 1 million dollars to spend on the Her Campus chapter, what would you buy?

Kenzie: “I would buy all of my team members a Mac laptop that was customized to their liking. I would also take my team on a trip to New York City so that we could all attend the Her Campus Conference together. I think the last thing I would buy would definitely be a ton of puppies to raffle off at Her Campus events- because honestly, who doesn’t want a puppy?!”

Be sure to look out for Kenzie across campus and say hello! She loves meeting new people and making new friends! You can also follow Kenzie on Instagram and Twitter to learn more about her. (@kenzienegron)

My name is Taryn DiRocco, and I'm a sophomore at SUNY Oneonta. I'm currently studying Communications with a minor in Public Relations. I'm from Smithtown, Long Island, and I enjoy pizza, the beach, Grey's Anatomy, and traveling. 
Kenzie Negron is currently a senior in college studying at SUNY Oneonta to pursue her dream career of being a high school english teacher as well as a part time journalist. Kenzie is the proud Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Chapter at SUNY Oneonta. Kenzie is also the author of her own blog; http://sincerelykenz.com. In her spare time, Kenzie enjoys snowboarding, indulging in tacos, and hanging out with her friends. You can find out more information about Kenzie by following her on Twitter and Instagram (@kenzienegron).