This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Dear Weather,

Hey it’s me, Sophia, a student at SUNY Oneonta speaking on behalf of like, everyone. I just wanted to say… what the hell? First of all, a week before spring break half of the campus was wearing shorts and t-shirts and having day parties outside (that was cool thnx). Then I go away on spring break and got the worst sunburn of my life. I wasn’t particularly worried about coming back considering before I left, the weather was in the high 60’s…. but I was wrong (not keeping this tan).  I come back to school, AND IT IS SO DAMN COLD (and to think that I almost left my winter boots at home). Now on top of this freezing tundra we get TWO feet of snow. Do you know how long it takes to shovel your car out with that much snow? Well, it’s a long time (like 2 and half hours). I couldn’t even tell where my car was when looking outside because everything was white.

Anyway, I would like to thank you for the two days we got off of school, that was lit… but I would have much rather have had school and good weather. Yeah it’s nice to have two days off right after having an entire week off (spring break never ends!!) but you know what else is nice? Not wearing a scarf, hat, boots and gloves just to get your mail. I was snowed in for two whole days, I nearly starved to death (thank God for taquitos and Dino nuggets). Instead of making my life easier, the snow days just pushed all of my work and tests to be due on the same day, talk about stressful! Also, my room is a mess, I don’t know what to do with all of my clothes, do I keep my shorts out, or put them away? What if I wake up tomorrow and it’s back to being sunny and 70?

I am not trying to tell you how to do your job, I just want some answers, we all do. Clear some stuff up for us. Should I plan a snowboarding trip for next weekend or a hike? Should I put away all my tank tops or keep them out for tomorrow? Quit paying these games, it’s almost April and I would like to put my big winter jacket away for good.  Please stop taking advice from a groundhog and bring the sun back! Well, thanks for hearing me out. Give some thought to maybe starting spring early, idk, just a thought.

With Hatred,

– Everyone

Sophia Pinciotto is a Junior at SUNY Oneonta studying Communications and minoring in public relations. Sophia was born and raised on Long Island and loves to workout, sing, and write!
Hey everyone! My name is Callan Fridgen, and I'm a junior at Oneonta State studying Communications with a minor in Public Relations. Find me on Instagram @callanfridgen