Campus Celeb: Alanna Magnan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Name: Alanna Magnan

Hometown: Brewster, New York

Year: Sophomore

Major: Childhood Education with a concentration in Math

Alanna is being featured as this week’s Campus Celeb for her crazy amazing talent as a dancer! She is currently a member of the Terpsichorean Dance Company and Oneonta State Kickline. If she’s not doing her schoolwork, you can find her laughing like crazy with her friends, or breaking out into spontaneous dances!

HC: When and why did you first start dancing?

AM: “I started dancing when I was three years old. My mom signed me up for classes just to put me in it.”

HC: What made you want to continue dancing throughout the years?

AM: “Ever since I started, I fell in love with it. I get to use it as an emotional outlet, and I also use it as my exercise for the day. The amount of hours a day I dance changes all the time, but typically I dance 2-3 hours every day.”

HC: Were you ever involved in dance competitions?

AM: “I did it for one year and it was so much fun! I would of loved to do more competitions, but since all my sisters were also involved in dance, perusing competition would have been very expensive.”

HC: How did you feel when you had to audition for Terps and Kickline?

AM: “My first time auditioning, I was super intimidated! I never auditioned for anything because when you dance in a studio you just sign up and you’re automatically in the class. Once I auditioned the first time, and met some of the girls on the teams, my second time auditioning was a lot easier but still intimidating. You’re never guaranteed a spot on the team, so you always need to make sure your doing your best.”

HC: What is your favorite type of dance?

AM: “My favorite type is definitely Lyrical or Contemporary. I also really enjoy doing Jazz.”

HC: If you could choose any famous dancer to do a duet with, who would you choose?

AM: “I don’t have a specific person I would choose, but I would love to dance with anyone from the show So You Think You Can Dance.”

HC: What is your all time favorite song to blast on a rainy day and dance around to with your friends?

AM: “Hahaha, I literally did this yesterday with my quad mates!! I would definitely have to choose Love Myself by Hailee Steinfield.”

HC: If you were granted 3 wishes, what would they be?

AM: “1. I would love to go back in time and meet my other family members. 2. Meet Adam Levine. 3. Travel to every country in the world!”

Jessie Stanek is from Long Island and is currently a sophomore at SUNY Oneonta. She is majoring in Fashion and Textiles with a concentration in Fashion Merchandising Management. Jessie hopes to attend FIT her senior year to finish college and expand her opportunities for her career by living in New York City. She plans to travel the world during her life, and her favorite place to be is at the beach. Follow her on Instagram at @jaysayyy to find out more information about her! 
Kenzie Negron is currently a senior in college studying at SUNY Oneonta to pursue her dream career of being a high school english teacher as well as a part time journalist. Kenzie is the proud Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Chapter at SUNY Oneonta. Kenzie is also the author of her own blog; http://sincerelykenz.com. In her spare time, Kenzie enjoys snowboarding, indulging in tacos, and hanging out with her friends. You can find out more information about Kenzie by following her on Twitter and Instagram (@kenzienegron).