Being Single on Valentine’s Day, As Told By New Girl’s Jessica Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Well, it’s February 14th, Valentines Day, a day to celebrate love. The one day of the year that you’re reminded of how single you are.  

The one and only Jessica Day has summed up this day perfectly! 

When you stare at your calendar realizing the day has come:  

All of your friends, in relationships or not, asking what your plans are for today:  

Walking around trying to avoid the happy couples showing PDA, and questioning yourself as to why you’re still single: 

Passing the Valentines Day aisles at all the convenient stores:  

There’s nothing better to do so you dwell on all your past relationships:  

Seeing your ex post a picture with his new bae for the lovely holiday:  

So you try and turn this day around and invite all your single friends over to watch a good chick flick, stuff your face and drown in some wine:   

Trust me, the best way to spend valentines day if you’re single is to treat yourself!:  

And also just a reminder, it’s always 50% off candy and chocolate at all the local stores afterwards!!:  

HCXO 

by Nicole Secular 

My name is Nicole Secular and I am from Long Island, New York. I am currently a senior at SUNY College at Oneonta, with a major in Communication Studies and a minor in Public Relations. Check out my articles! :)
Anna is a junior at SUNY Oneonta, studying Fashion Marketing and Computer Art. She hopes to turn these studies into a career in the fashion industry in New York City. Outside of writing for Her Campus, Anna spends her time obsessing over eyebrows, embroidering, and talking about her dogs.