5 Things to Do When You Aren’t Going on Vacation for Spring Break: Oneonta Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Are you like me, thinking that you might be bored over Spring Break? I am pretty annoyed that not every SUNY college has off at the same time so I will not be able to see some of my friends that I would like to see while I am home. Luckily for me, a lot of my friends go to school near my hometown.

1. Catch up on sleep.

Who doesn’t need more sleep? I personally have been having a crazy semester so far with a lot of stress and work to do. Spring break is a good time to catch up on sleep that you might have missed out on during these past couple of weeks. 

2. Catch up on or get ahead on homework.

Maybe you might’ve gotten sick or just haven’t had time to do some readings that you need to do for a class these past few weeks. This is a good time to catch up on some homework or even get ahead on some.

3. Get your one-of-a-kind St. Oney’s outfit.

Are you like my suitemates and I already thinking about your St. Oney’s outfit? We have been thinking about this for almost a month now, trying to figure out if we want to match with our outfits or if we are all going solo with our outfit choices this year. This St. Oney’s is extra special because it will be my last one as a student here at Oneonta. We all want to have a special outfit so spring break is a good time to figure a perfect one out. 

4. Exercise and eat healthy.

We all say that we want to lose weight, but it is hard here in Oneonta to always eat healthy with the choices we have in the dining halls. Take time to eat healthier and exercise during spring break. 

5. Spend time with family and friends.

Since this will be our only break this semester, you could take some time to catch up with friends and family. 

HCXO, 

Samara 

Emily Barry

Oneonta '19

Hey everyone! My name is Emily Barry and I am currently a senior at SUNY Oneonta! I am a biochemistry student and when I'm not drowning in assignments, I like to read, spend time with friends and family, and binge watch shows on Netflix! Keep up with my articles or follow me on Instagram/Twitter (@emilyrose0328) to get a glimpse at what's going on with me!