burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Warm weather means shorts and tank tops are now making appearances around campus. However, some shorts are too short and some shirts show more skin than they cover.

Everyone has their own style and one of the best parts of going to school at OSU is getting to see the diversity around campus. There is no set style for how students dress.

Now that spring break has ended and the semester is only six weeks from finishing, it feels like summer is almost here. This means students are dressing like they’re already out of classes.

In the last two weeks shorts and crop tops have become a staple around campus. Freshman Shannan Henderson wishes students would cover up a little more. “Academics should be a professional environment”, Henderson said. “People should respect themselves and their professors by covering up for class”.

Every year when the weather heats up people all over the country start dressing in more casual, revealing clothing. This is not frowned upon or inappropriate. It is uncomfortable when the clothes become so revealing that undergarments and tan lines are showing though.

Also as a reminder students can’t wear revealing clothing to the Colvin Recreation Center either. The rules for shirts are that students must have nothing more revealing than a tank top. So no midriffs or super low arm holes when working out. Here’s the Colvin’s policies on clothing.

Freshman Natasha Norman says dressing in outfits that show off your tan or body is cute and acceptable for parties and when you aren’t in school. “Those are not everyday public outfits”, Norman said. “Those are weekend, nights, and beach or pool outfits honestly.”

In general, people have their own styles and other people shouldn’t decide what they can wear. In this case, in order to stay classy and appropriate the super cropped tops and booty shorts should be designated for out of the classroom. 

Strategic Communications major and English minor at Oklahoma State University. Campus Correspondent for the Oklahoma State chapter.