This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Should you take an online class?

This will vary between people but in my opinion I enjoy taking online classes. Here are a few factors to consider before taking an online class:

What kind of learner are you?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Think about what kind of learner you are, everyone is a visual, auditory, or kinesthetic learner. Taking an online class is always different and will never be the same as others. Some professors choose to upload lecture videos to watch or there could be an online book you’d be required to read. So think about your best way of learning and take that into consideration.

Can you manage your time? 

Not everyone can manage time with an online class. Check your schedule and see what days would work for you to focus on your class. Be sure not to overwhelm yourself with your classes either!

Is this class interesting or boring to you?

Don’t choose a class that you don’t have much interest in because there’s a chance you won’t do your work.  Choosing an interesting class will have you more motivated for the class and work. I would really recommend completing your electives online as they aren’t always hard.

Do you hold a strong or weak skill for the subject?

It’s easier to choose an online class that you have a strong skill in rather than a one with a weak skill. The reasoning behind this is because if you are struggling with the class then you can get help from the professor right there in class rather than waiting on an email. So stick to the classes which best suit your skills!