This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

It all started Sunday when my friend told me a story about slaughtering animals. After that I decided that I will not eat meat anymore. How do it go? It was a struggle, going from eating meat everyday to not being able to eat it at all was hard. This is how my weeke went.

Through out the the whole week I had realized how hard it is for vegetarians to eat on campus. Every place at the student union has a meat option, but not much of a vegetarian option. to give you a general overview, all the place the union have vegetarian side options, but other than that there is not a lot of things to eat. When I started to see that I did not have many options I had to try new things that I normally do not like. There is a place in North Dining, but if you are going in between classes you most likely dont want to walk all the way over there and then race back. 

Now for the week it was such a struggle for me. I would feelike I was starving myself at times because I was so used to eating more food other than sides. One night I went out to dinner to a resturant and it was hard to not get my normal chicken tenders and fries order. I actually had ot look at the menu and browse what I could and could not eat. By Wednesday it was easier to decide waht I as going to eat, and now as I am writing this I do not want meat. 

For me this was a great experiement and something that  I will continue unti l ithink i just cant anymore. I ram feeling better about myself because I am eating more fruits and vegetables. Would I be a vegetarian foever probably not, but I will try my best to be one as long as I can.