This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Everyone has at least one friend who will write a paper one day before it is due, study only right before the exam and sometimes just wont do it at all. Maybe that person is you. I am here to tell you that there are ways to get around procrastination and there are ways to end your procrastination ways. Here are a few tips on how to start doing things on time.

Mark the due date a day before the actual due date.

This ways if you wait until the last day to do something, you actually did it two days before it was due. With all that extra time you can make your work even better, maybe even get extra credit for turning it in early.

Write everything down in a planner.

When you go to look at you week ahead you will see the assignments due and you may even want to start it early.

Use a friend as your timekeeper.

Tell your friend that you have something due and they will remind you every chance they get that you have an assignment due. It’s like having a drill sergeant for assignments.

Do a little bit of an assignment at a time.

When you do little by little it wont seem as much, but also you have a better chance to finish before the actual due date.

Do the hard stuff first.

It is easier to do the hard stuff sooner so that if you do procrastinate at least you have easy things to do so it may not take as long.

Give yourself a break.

I’m not saying to give yourself a break of not doing the assignment, but when you start the assignment do 10 minutes worth and then take a five-minute break. Do the assignment in increments so that it seems as if you are not doing everything at once.

Make plans with your friends to do the assignment.

When you make plans with someone, you usually feel bad about cancelling on them. Telling your friend that you are going to the library with her later then you will most likely go and do your work.

Not everyone is perfect and not everyone can get everything done in a timely manner. Instead of waiting until the last day try a few of these step and see how less stressed you are.