Dont be still in Stillwater: Uber takes you where you want to be

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Despite the town’s relatively small size and condensed living areas Stillwater, OK has been unable to boast a reliable means of on-call transportation. Given Stillwater’s abundance of drunken weekend (and perhaps weekday) activities it would be assumed that a taxi service would have emerged to corner the market. However no single reliable transportation has been established leaving Stillwater’s most active group of enjoyment-seekers without a safe way home.

via Google Images

Uber has promised a long anticipated solution to this problem via branching their business to the campus town that is a weekly hub for commotion. The Stillwater branch of Uber has been operational for just under a week and is already boasting impressive usage. The company targets its audience with a quick solution at the touch of an apps button to the ever-present and stressful problem of finding oneself stranded, inebriated and without a ride home. Uber is available for free in the app store and advertises fare prices lower than that of any competitor taxi service. Additionally Uber employs a series of promotions from free rides to reduced fare. With the aid of Uber it appears Stillwater will finally be as easy to get around as one would assume of a town of its size by bridging the gap between a few drinks and the comfort of one’s own bed.