Campus Celebrity Miss OSU 2015 Stacey Stevens

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Photo credit to Miss Oklahoma State University Pageant Facebook

On October 9 the Miss OSU scholarship pageant took place on Oklahoma State University’s campus. Fifteen women completed and Junior, Stacey Stevens, took home the title.

In order to be eligible to compete in Miss OSU contestants must be full-time, female students at Oklahoma State University, between the ages of 17 and 25.

Stevens has been competing in pageants since the age of 4.  Her passion for the Miss America Organization began when she “worked backstage at [her] grandmother’s Miss Oklahoma preliminary” Stevens said.

As Miss OSU Stevens will compete in Miss Oklahoma in June in at the Mabee Center in Tulsa, Okla., as well as represent Oklahoma State University at a variety of events such as parades, regional cable television and seminars.

Stevens is most looking forward to being able to speak about and spread her platform “Heart Smart.” She is passionate about the issue of heart health and inspired to use it as her platform because her father passed away from heart disease four years ago. “The legacy he passed down to me was a love for OSU, so to be able to carry on his legacy at this university and promote a platform that will save people’s lives means the world to me,” Stevens said.

Another thing Stevens is looking forward to is gaining a better understanding of OSU students. According to her “OSU has the best students in the nation and I cannot wait to meet more of them and work with them.” 

Hello! I am Shannan Henderson. I am a sophomore at Oklahoma State University studying Strategic Communications with a minor in Marketing.