Campus Celebrity: Courtney Miller

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Last weekend Oklahoma State held its annual Dance Marathon to support the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. Dance Marathon would not have been possible without the work of their volunteers, who work throughout the year to raise money and awareness for the cause. This was Courtney Miller a junior Agriculture Education major from Lodi, California, first year to a member of the Dance Marathon team, but second year participating with the event.

Miller served as an executive for Dance Marathon on the Morale Committee, whose purpose was to help with recruitment for the event, getting other members and people excited about the event and to create and teach a dance taught to all of the participants who come to the event.

“For me, I believe that the most beneficial part of Dance Marathon was seeing the look on the kids faces when they see so many people there raising money for them and supporting them. The most amazing part of the event is when the final amount we have raised is revealed, “ Miller said.

Next year Miller plans to apply to be part of Dance Marathon as a leadership team member so she can continue to get more involved with the organization.

“It is never to late to get involved. Applications come out for the executive team at the beginning of the school year, but even if someone does not want to be on the executive team we have plenty of events throughout the year that they can attend or donate to,” Miller advises anyone who wants to get involved. We cannot wait until next year and to see how she continues to be involved and how successful Dance Marathon will be!

Hello! I am Shannan Henderson. I am a sophomore at Oklahoma State University studying Strategic Communications with a minor in Marketing.