This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Every year during the week leading up to bedlam there is a blood drive competition between OSU and OU. This fall the blood drive will take place between Monday, November 19 and Friday, November 21.

Donors can visit either the Student Union or the Kerr-Drummond mezzanine to donate. Appointments can be scheduled in order to avoid waiting in lines, however even without an appointment donors may go donate blood between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.

The Bedlam Blood Battle happens biannually and helps the Oklahoma Blood Institute raise awareness about the importance of donating blood. The school that wins the blood battle receives a trophy and bragging rights until the next semester.

OSU won the blood battle in fall 2013 with 1,169 Cowboys volunteering to give blood. The battle was close with only 28 participants separating the schools, with OU having 1,141 volunteers.

The large number of volunteers is not only important for the competition between schools, but it also helps OBI during the holidays when fewer people typically give blood. As many as three lives can be saved by each donation.

Show your school spirit this week by going out and donating blood. For more information visit OBI events online. 

Strategic Communications major and English minor at Oklahoma State University. Campus Correspondent for the Oklahoma State chapter.