What Got Me Through My First Semester at Ohio U

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

College is a pretty big deal… it’s just that one thing we’ve all been looking forward to. We anticipated the worst, but I’d like to take a moment to focus on the best parts of my first semester at Ohio University:

GIF: nocryinginpr.files.wordpress.com

Now it’s almost impossible to get through all the changes on your own, but that’s why you’ve got your roommates by your side! Through the crazy nights when you want to explode with anxiety, the nights when you just need to cry and vent about your horrible day and those FUN nights you need to forget about the week and PARTY, your roommates are always there.

GIF: gifsec.com

One place that can really help you get through all those rough patches is the rec center, aka Ping. “Work out?!” you might ask, but hey, burning off calories equals burning off stress. Plus, you never know what kind of cutie you may find there, if you know what I’m saying.

GIF: giphy.com

Don’t even get me started on all the different food options. It’s late at night, you’ve had a rough day and you simply just WANT chocolate. And that’s what Court Street is here for! Insomnia cookies, anyone!?

GIF: giphy.com

I’ve come to learn that there are multiple places to get rid of stress and worry and just have a great time! Courtside is just the perfect place for that, but if you want to lay low, the library, Baker Center and just about anywhere else comfy and cozy you can find are great ways to wind down and relax.

GIF: tumblr.com

The bottom line is, Ohio University is THE best university to offer. Nervous coming in? Psh, don’t worry about it, the pre-college butterflies last for merely one week. This semester was a BLAST.

GIF: buzzfeed.com

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean. E.W. Scripps School of Journalism kid. Avid explorer. Puppy (and all things fluffy) lover.  Twitter: @Taylor_Stano & Instagram: @TayStano