This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

“There’s something about that smell of fresh spray tan that leaves me wanting more…. Yes, I admit it. I am a spray tan fanatic. Whenever an opportunity arises to get a spray tan, you already know I’m there. Junior year of high school is what began my daily trips to the tanning salon, but little did I know the damage the UV lights were doing to my skin. Not only that, but the amount of money I was losing on my unlimited tanning packages.

This is where spray tans come in. Sometimes they may be a little expensive, but if you know a specific place (or in my case, specific person) who does a fantastic job, you end up pretty damn lucky (and tan). I can’t say that I don’t go “tacky tanning” anymore, but I have mellowed out once I started trying out spray tans. You get what you pay for, and in a much safer way!” –    Meghan O’Dea, Her Campus Ohio U President

“Spray tans are a better decision in my opinion. They provide the great color that is even hard to achieve with regular tanning, and without the skin damage. The tan usually lasts a couple of weeks and to me it’s worth the money if you are saving your skin from damage. I know a lot of people with naturally fair skin who look great in spray tans, and spray tans also turn out great for those who have a hard time developing a tan without burning.

The spray tans usually come in a wide variety of colors and shades which makes them practical for all skin types. There is no point in wasting money on a tanning package and going everyday if you can achieve amazing color within minutes. I also love getting the instant self-tanning mousse from the drug store and putting it on before a night out. It gives you a boost of confidence, and you don’t even have to spend time laying in a tanning bed.” –    Macie Moneypenny, Her Campus Editor in Chief

“I like spray tans because it is immediate results and much safer than regular tanning beds. Although I am guilty of tanning throughout the winter if the opportunity to be extra tan without ruining my skin I will take it! It’s also fun, cheap and a great way for Her Campus to bond!” –    Tori Pishkula, Her Campus Social Media Manager

Ohio University Class of 2018 Strategic Communications  Just a small town girl with big city dreams