Team Spray Tan

“There’s something about that smell of fresh spray tan that leaves me wanting more…. Yes, I admit it. I am a spray tan fanatic. Whenever an opportunity arises to get a spray tan, you already know I’m there. Junior year of high school is what began my daily trips to the tanning salon, but little did I know the damage the UV lights were doing to my skin. Not only that, but the amount of money I was losing on my unlimited tanning packages.

This is where spray tans come in. Sometimes they may be a little expensive, but if you know a specific place (or in my case, specific person) who does a fantastic job, you end up pretty damn lucky (and tan). I can’t say that I don’t go “tacky tanning” anymore, but I have mellowed out once I started trying out spray tans. You get what you pay for, and in a much safer way!” -    Meghan O’Dea, Her Campus Ohio U President

“Spray tans are a better decision in my opinion. They provide the great color that is even hard to achieve with regular tanning, and without the skin damage. The tan usually lasts a couple of weeks and to me it's worth the money if you are saving your skin from damage. I know a lot of people with naturally fair skin who look great in spray tans, and spray tans also turn out great for those who have a hard time developing a tan without burning.

The spray tans usually come in a wide variety of colors and shades which makes them practical for all skin types. There is no point in wasting money on a tanning package and going everyday if you can achieve amazing color within minutes. I also love getting the instant self-tanning mousse from the drug store and putting it on before a night out. It gives you a boost of confidence, and you don't even have to spend time laying in a tanning bed.” -    Macie Moneypenny, Her Campus Editor in Chief

“I like spray tans because it is immediate results and much safer than regular tanning beds. Although I am guilty of tanning throughout the winter if the opportunity to be extra tan without ruining my skin I will take it! It's also fun, cheap and a great way for Her Campus to bond!” -    Tori Pishkula, Her Campus Social Media Manager

About The Author

Ohio University Class of 2018

Strategic Communications 

Just a small town girl with big city dreams

Editor's Note

Are you an aspiring journalist or just looking for an outlet where you can share your voice? Apply to write for Her Campus!

User login