This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.
For their precious week off, thousands of OU students will be migrating south for Spring Break, while plenty of others will be going home, likely not by choice. Regardless of where you’re heading, here is a list of things to do on spring break to make this one the best yet!

If you’ll be flocking to somewhere tropical:

Do something adventurous: if you’ll be trying sushi for the first time, or doing something crazy like parasailing, getting out of your comfort zone will make this spring break one to remember.

Have a spring break fling: whether you hookup with a fellow Bobcat or meet someone new, spring break is the perfect time to make a love connection; who knows, he could be your future husband!

Party it up: while us Bobcats know how to have fun year round, during spring break you’ll have a full week to focus on having fun, and have countless stories to tell when you get back to school.

Make some new friends: if you’re going to Panama City Beach or another popular spring break location, its likely you may run into some fellow OU students, or some equally cool people from around the country. While it may be tempting to stay with your tight-knit group, meeting new people is part of the fun in traveling!

Take plenty of pictures: if there are no pictures, it basically didn’t happen (and if you party too hard, you may need a reminder.)
If you’ll be heading to your hometown:

Visit your friends at their schools: Many colleges have spring breaks at different times, so take trip and rage with your friends that currently don’t have off. Even though it won’t be as fun as Athens, it’ll reconfirm the obvious truth that you made the right choice picking OU.

Go to the gym/work on your diet: Having a week away from busy schedules and not-so-healthy foods makes spring break the perfect time to get fit.

Stay in bed forever: If you aren’t a fan of the gym, then the best thing you can do is to treat yourself to an eternity snuggled under the covers, or at least sleep in later than usual.

Catch up on your shows: With all the homework, studying, and partying that goes on, sometimes we are too busy to catch your favorite show every week; now’s the time to find out who A is on Pretty Little Liars, or who died in The Walking Dead.

Whether you’ll be going somewhere exciting or someplace not, just keep in mind that in a week, you will be back to the best place on earth.

Meredith is a junior at Ohio University and Campus Coorespondent for Her Campus Ohio U. She is majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Marketing. Her hobbies include dreaming about traveling, drinking unhealthy amounts of coffee, and driving her pink car. You can follow her on Twitter (@Mere_Broadwater) and Instagram (@meredithbroad).