This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Megan Witmer is journalism major with a minor in political science. She made the cut for this week’s celebrity because of her involvement in a variety of groups on and off campus. This celeb certainly knows how to work hard and have fun through her adventures in Athens and elsewhere.

When she’s not focusing on her schoolwork, she is writing for the Athens News. She works as a freelance writer. She enjoys it very much. She described how the process works. First, the editors will send Megan a list of articles to choose from. She picks the ones she wants to cover, and then she writes about them. From there, the editors decide where to place the article in the newspaper.

Megan also works as the first floor R.A. of Bush Hall. She dedicates time to getting to know each girl and to forming bonds with the residents. She wants to plan many events. She is currently thinking about taking the girls to Stroud’s, having a cookout or even possibly a beauty pageant. She also wants to get the girls together for a girl’s night in to do hair, makeup, and nails.

“I really want a family oriented floor section,” she said.

Megan is also a member of the Alpha Omicron Pi (AOII) sorority. Their philanthropy focuses on arthritis and she is very involved in the sisterhood. The AOII just had their recruitment along with the other Greek societies. Originally, she came in leaning toward other on campus activities, but states, “Joining a sorority is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.” She was recruited last spring with an informal rush. She fell in love and met the most amazing girls who would become her best friends.

Even when she is off campus, she is doing exciting things. Megan and her family took a cruise to Alaska, where they canoed through the mountains. She also recently visited New York, where she saw a Mets Game with her boyfriend. They also watched Phantom of the Opera on Broadway (we are so jealous!).

Megan is a hard worker, fun to be around, and the best R.A. ever. She is there when you need her and she is always willing to give a hand. She is a great person to talk to. She puts passion into everything she does, but knows how to let loose and have fun too.

Ohio University Contributor Account