The Most Exciting (Alumni) Band in the Land

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

One reason that I am so proud to call myself a Bobcat is the Marching 110. We really do have the most exciting band in the land. I remember by first football game freshman year and they performed “Thriller” by Michael Jackson. I fell in love with a marching band that day. When homecoming comes around, the Marching 110 Alumni come from all over to perform again. My favorite has to be the drumline. They get so into it, you just can’t help but cheer for them just as loudly as the football team. 

Not to mention, the 110 also went viral last week! Their halftime performance of “Party Rock Anthem” by LMFAO has been featured on College Humor, local news stations, and has even spread across the globe. If you haven’t seen it, here it is. Their shuffle rocks. 

Hillary Johns is a Senior at Ohio University majoring in magazine journalism in the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism, with a split specialization in French and sociology. She is beyond excited to be a part of the Her Campus Team! She can often be found with her nose stuck in a book, most likely Harry Potter, or writing her own adventures. Hillary has a deep love of travelling and her favorite place in the world in Boston, MA. She hopes to someday pursue a career in communications and journalism.