Ingrid Takes OU!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Girls Chase Boys and the boys and girls wanted to chase Ingrid Michaelson after she performed at the Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium on Nov. 13. Michaelson’s Lights Out: Stripped concert series featured special guest Chris Koza from the band Rogue Valley as her opening act.

From her classic “The Way I Am” to a beautifully performed cover of “Over the Rainbow,”  Michaelson encouraged everyone to sing along to all of her songs. In between numbers, Michaelson entertained the crowd (and her band) with her quick-witted, improvised songs. She brought charisma and authenticity to the stage, giving the audience more than what they expected.

Along with her humor and charm, Michaelson engaged with the audience by giving away a few things. One particular giveaway was an oatmeal raisin cookie from Insomnia Cookies. Since Michaelson had a chocolate chip cookie prior to eating the oatmeal raisin, she did not want the sweet treat. One man from the audience yelled, “Oatmeal raisin rocks,” and went up to the stage to take the nibbled cookie from Michaelson.

Not only did Michaelson give away a cookie, but she gave her best effort to have a 9-year-old fan sing along to “Girls Chase Boys” with her. Michaelson jumped down from the stage determined to make the shy fan sing. Even though Michaelson was unsuccessful, everyone in the front row still had a once-in-a-lifetime experience dancing and singing with the pop star.

Since her beautiful, blissful voice wowed the crowd, they gave her a well-deserved standing ovation. Michaelson walked back on the stage with her band, and they did an acapella version of Michaelson’s “Warpath.”

After a fun Thursday night filled with great music, charm and witty entertainment, Michaelson ended the show with a perfect closing song titled “Afterlife.”

Did you attend the concert? Share your pics with us on Twitter, Instagram (at @hercampusohiou) and on Facebook! We’ll repost our favs!          

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean. E.W. Scripps School of Journalism kid. Avid explorer. Puppy (and all things fluffy) lover.  Twitter: @Taylor_Stano & Instagram: @TayStano
Emily is a junior and HCOU's campus correspondent and editor in chief! Check her out on Twitter, @edafffffron (five f's).