Ed2010 at Ohio University

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Internships and jobs. The words that make college student’s blood run cold and mind run a mile a minute. The fear and panic associated with applying to jobs or internships is nerve wracking and stressful for almost everyone. Ed2010 at Ohio University is here to help eradicate the pressure and fear associated with the “adult world.”

“Ed2010 is a professional organization that gives young adults opportunities to break into the magazine industry,” says President Paige Bennett, “the organization provides networking opportunities, professional workshops and exclusive jobs and internships to anyone interested in magazine careers.”

Magazines net growth is dwindling according to folio.com. Ed2010 at Ohio University is designed to give Ohio University students a leg up in a competitive field by hosting professional workshops and bringing in speakers.

“My favorite part of Ed 2010 is Skyping in with professionals. Hearing advice and stories from real people working in the magazine industry is immensely helpful and interesting,” says Vice President Katie Coulter, “also, all of the professionals we speak to are willing to network with you and give you personal advice.”

While created with young magazine professionals in mind, Ed2010 at Ohio University is an organization for any student looking for help.

“Even if someone isn’t entirely focused on magazines, our professional workshops can help anyone write a better resume, send a better cover letter and dress the part for interviews,” says Bennett.

(Photo courtesy of twitter.com)

“I definitely think that Ed 2010 is a helpful resource for anyone — not just people interested in magazine journalism. Everyone can benefit from resume, cover letter, and interviewing workshops,” says Coulter.

The group, brought to Ohio University in 2009, is open to all majors, but geared towards those interested in the magazine profession.

“If you are interested in joining Ed2010, our meetings are every other Wednesday at 8 p.m. in RTV 253, with our next meeting on Sept. 7. Email ed2010ou@gmail.com to get on our email list!” says Bennett.

The Sept. 7 meeting is a resume and cover letter workshop.

(Photo courtesy of ed2010.com)

Just a quirky fashion journalist trying to get it right!