The Do’s and Don’ts with Warm Weather in Athens

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Ahhhh. It’s finally springtime in Athens and everyone wants to get outside and make the absolute most of it. But, are some people taking too much advantage of it? Here are some things you should be doing now that it’s 70 degrees every day, along with some things you definitely shouldn’t be doing…

DO: Soak up some sun.

DON’T: Lay on the South Beach in a bra in underwear.

Yes, I actually did witness this the other day. A great way to get a nice bronze on is to be active outside by playing sports or exercising, like taking a hike to Bong Hill or run on the bike path by the river. A great way to get ridiculed is to lay in the grass in a completely inappropriate outfit for approximately half of the student body to see.

DO: Have a beer on Courtside’s patio to celebrate the warm weather, as long as you’re of age.

DON’T: Accidentally get day-drunk on a Tuesday.

The thing about beer is that one can lead to two and two can lead to ten — OU students, of all people, know this to be true. If you’re just going to go blow off some steam on a nice day after class and sit down with your buddies for a drink, by all means. Just be careful that one drink doesn’t turn into an evening of regrets.

DO: Spend all of your free time outside.

DON’T: Start skipping all of your classes.

We all know that Athens is virtually 90% winter, so this time is incredibly precious for everyone, especially when we’re trying to squeeze every last bit of fun into these last two weeks on campus. However, our fate still lies in the hands of our final exam grades, which means we can’t let the warm weather completely lure us away from everything we’ve slaved over all semester. Get the best of both and study outside, or take a scenic route to the library.

DO: Break out some of your summer clothes.

DON’T: Wear crop tops or booty shorts to class.

Jeans and sweatpants aren’t exactly comfortable anymore once the temperature reaches 65 degrees. Another thing that isn’t exactly comfortable is walking up Jeff or Morton and having to look at the butt cheeks of girls who are clearly pushing the season. Luckily, clothing is versatile and there are plenty of options that keep us cool and covered up during this transitional season.

DO: Listen to this seasons very own genre – country music.

DON’T: blast your stereo and blare music that no one wants to hear.

You’re not really doing anyone a favor by cranking your favorite song to full volume. There’s a good chance what you listen to may not be what everyone who is outside on East Green wants to listen to. It’s a nice gesture, but no thank you. All I need are my headphones and Kenny Chesney.

My fellow bobcats, please keep all of that in mind as you enjoy the next two weeks in this beautiful place and beautiful weather!

Tweet us your favorite do’s and don’ts @HerCampusOhioU!

Emily is a junior and HCOU's campus correspondent and editor in chief! Check her out on Twitter, @edafffffron (five f's).