Best and Worst Dressed at the Globes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

This year’s Golden Globes brought us a bevy of fashion hits as well as a handful of fashion bombs. We saw a number of trends grace the red carpet; including white and blush colored gowns, thigh-high slits and textured embellishments. Here is our list of the best and worst dressed ladies of the evening. 

Best dressed:
Anne Hathaway—This woman can do no wrong. This Chanel Haute Couture gown was made for her and we love that she is rocking the white trend for winter. 
Kerry Washington—Lately, Ms. Washington has been killing it style-wise on the red carpet, and this Miu Miu gown is no exception. The entire look is so chic and to that we say, “Bravo!”
Naomi Watts—Zac Posen had a lot of his designs make it to the red carpet this year, but this bourdeaux-colored gown is on its way to being an award show classic. 

Worst dressed: 
Halle Berry—Normally she is striking on the red carpet but this busy printed, Versace gown with its awkward cut outs is striking her out of the running for best dressed. 

Lena Dunham—We love her and we love designer Zac Posen but this combination of the two is not working. The dress is unflattering and poor Lena looks frumpy as a result. 

Sienna Miller—We can appreciate the mod sixties look that Ms. Miller was going for but this Erdem gown is one of our fashion bombs with its shapeless fit and cheap-looking appliqués. 

Do you agree with our picks? Take a look at our Award Fashion Pinterest board for more of our Golden Globes favorites. 

Taylor is a graduate of Ohio University and former Co-Editor of Her Campus' OU branch. She would like to eventually work in the publishing industry with hopes of living in New York, San Francisco or Seattle. In her free time, Taylor enjoys reading, volunteering, or hitting up the most hipster joints in town.