The Ten Stages of Buying NYU Senior Week Tickets

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

1) The SAB 2015 sends you several emails in advanced letting you know EXACT DATES and EXACT TIMES for you to PURCHASE RIGHT AWAY.  There’s no way you’re not getting tickets, right?

2) The day arrives.  You sit at your computer.  You’re so ready.

3) The email with the links.  In avid anticipation, you click on the link.  The server loads.

4) And loads.

5) And loads.  You read all the excuses the SAB has in email.  They fail to answer or fix anything.

6) It’s been an hour already.  You pull your hair and grit your teeth and curse the day the 1831 Fund began because, hey, with an ADDED EIGHTEEN DOLLARS AND THIRTY-ONE CENTS YOU COULD HAVE ALREADY HAD THESE @(#*& TICKETS BY  NOW!

7) Sweating, you distract yourself with the Facebook comments page.  Nothing helps.

8) The server crashes.  All hope is lost. 

9) What’s that?  It went through?  Suddenly your skin gets cold and your heart palpitations cease.  You jump from your chair and blink several times and see if the confirmation email you received was real.  YOU GOT IT!  SERVICE CHARGE AND ALL, YOU GOT IT!

10) Or you just wasted three hours crying softly over your keyboard.  You fume: let the scalping games begin.

Along with hummus, coffee, and Jon Hamm, Claudia's interests also include writing. She wishes to pursue a career in the editorial world and has experienced several previous editorial internships. She is currently studying Media, Culture and Communications at N.Y.U. along with an Italian minor.