Street Style: Asha Jordan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Name: Asha JordanSpotted: SilverSchool: GallatinMajor: Social Entrepreneurship and MarketingYear: 2016Hometown: Los Angeles, CA

HC NYU: How would you describe your personal style?AJ: Hmm..err, I don’t even know. Urban?  Urban chic, I guess?

HC NYU: Where do you look for inspiration?AJ: Dispirit elements…I like not playing into the, you know, conventional styles– you know, like you’re not supposed to put stripes together with certain patterns or certain colors together.  

HC NYU: Have any style icons?AJ: I don’t really have any, but I’m really into menswear.  Like, my favorite brand right now is Mark McNairy Fall-Winter 2013.

HC NYU: Why menswear?AJ: The clean lines.

Along with hummus, coffee, and Jon Hamm, Claudia's interests also include writing. She wishes to pursue a career in the editorial world and has experienced several previous editorial internships. She is currently studying Media, Culture and Communications at N.Y.U. along with an Italian minor.
Stephanie is in the class of 2014 at New York University studying Journalism and Dramatic Writing. She is currently a production intern at NBC News, after previously interning at ABC News. In addition to being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus NYU, she is also an entertainment and lifestyle blogger for Seventeen Magazine and a contributing writer for USA TODAY and The Huffington Post, as well as a member of the MTV Insights team. Stephanie loves Broadway and performing in musical theatre, as well as shopping, singing, and playing the piano. Follow her NYC adventures on Twitter at @StephanieJBeach.