The 7 Products Everyone Should Try From LUSH Cosmetics

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Lush is an all organic and vegan skincare and cosmetic company that has everyone buzzing. All Lush products are fresh and handmade, and the company is also actively against animal testing – which makes us love it even more! Whether it be their famous bath bombs or some of the money they use to fight charity, Lush is a brand that should definitely be on your holiday shopping list this year! The best part? There’s a store located right near Union Square, just a few steps from campus. Do yourself a favor and pick up these classics ASAP.

1. Bath Bombs

Bath Bombs are some of Lush’s more popular items, with over 20 different scents and colors, each one is an amazing bath experience. Not only do they make your bath more colorful and fun, they also leave you smelling great and your skin feeling super soft. These are great for relaxing after a long day and to keep you feeling refreshed and energized especially through the harsh winter months.

2. Happy Hippy Shower Gel

This shower gel is perfect for everyday shower use. It is infused with a blend of essential oils and fragrance to help make your skin smooth and put your mind at ease. Happy Hippy gel has a very clean scent with only a hint of grapefruit, and it can be used for skin and hair – boys and girls!

3. Ocean Salt

Ocean Salt body scrub is one of Lush’s best sellers. It is a coconut cream and sea salt scrub infused with avocado, lime and a little bit of vodka. The acidity of the vodka and lime slough away blackheads and dead skin, while the infusion of coconut and avocado are the perfect balance to hydrate dry skin. Use this once or twice a week to leave your skin looking clear and healthy!

4. Catastrophe Cosmetic

This Catastrophe Cosmetic face mask puts up the perfect fight against difficult skin. The mask is very gentle on skin and prevents breakouts by cleansing deeply without drying out your skin. The blueberries are packed with vitamins and nutrients that preserve your skin’s natural oils and the calamine cleanses your pores. Use this mask as often as you like to keep your skin at its healthiest!

5. Dream Cream

Dream Cream is a lightweight body lotion made with olive oil and cocoa butter and it’s super effective for dry and chapped skin. The oat milk, lavender and chamomile mix is calming and soothing for sensitive skin. It smells fresh and clean, and the scent is not too overpowering so it’s easy to wear all day. This one is a must have for dry winter skin!

6. Charity Pot

Charity Pot is an everyday hand and body lotion that is made with cocoa butter and rosewood oils that leave your skin incredibly hydrated. But that’s not even the best part – Charity Pot was created by Lush so that they could do their part in giving back. When a Charity Pot is purchased, 100% of the proceeds get donated to small, grassroots organizations working in the areas of environmental conservation, animal welfare and human rights. Since the start in 2007, Lush has already donated $10,000,000 to over 800 charities. So not only is this the perfect lotion for your everyday use, you can feel good buying it too!

7. Synaesthesia

Synaesthesia is the name of Lush’s signature treatment at their Lush Spa. The treatment is an 80 minute full body massage using essential oils. The procedure allows you to choose from eleven different emotional states and the massage therapist will use the oils and lotions to go deeper into that emotion and relaxation. The feeling you choose is set to music and different sounds that assist in the overall experience of the massage! While this massage may be the perfect Christmas gift, make sure to book early because the spa books up fast! The Lush Spa is located on the second floor of their Lexington Ave store.

So whether you’re in need of some serious skin T.L.C. or are getting your holiday shopping done, Lush is the perfect splurge for both yourself and loved ones!

Madison is a current Gallatin junior pursuing a concentration in Magazine Journalism and a minor in Nutrition. Besides obsessing over french bulldogs, peanut butter, and books, she aspires to be an editor someday. The city serves as her limitless inspiration, and you can most likely spot her in the park either writing away or leafing through magazines. She is currently the campus correspondent for Her Campus NYU and has previously interned and written for Bustle.com, Harper's Bazaar, Cosmopolitan and NYLON. She believes in freshly baked cookies and never taking herself too seriously. Except when it comes to her career, of course.  "Creativity is intelligence having fun." - Albert Einstein