This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

After that long slog of a term, we’ve finally been rewarded with the Easter holidays. Here are your fashion fixes for the bank holiday weekend!

Barbecue Party

If your parents are anything like mine, even the briefest glimpse of sunshine means it’s time to get the grill out. The easy-going vibes of a barbecue party means your outfit can be similarly chilled; some high-waisted ripped shorts paired with an oversize striped shirt means you tick off two of Spring’s hottest trends. Topshop boasts a frayed pair available in both dark and light blue, which match perfectly with this oversized striped shirt from Zara. A pair of white Converse and some sunnies, and you’re all set! But of course, British weather being famed for its indecisiveness, be sure to bring your leather jacket to keep you cosy if it gets cold. 

Topshop, £32

Church

Whilst some of us may see it as a welcome break from Hallward, Easter is of course a religious celebration, and many may spend their Easter Sunday in the local church. A demure skater dress is an ideal choice to wear for this special occasion.  Try this dress from ASOS: respectful and demure without being boring. The navy blue colour fits in with the nautical trends that emerges every summer, and the pleated skirt gives the dress a feminine feel. Floral prints, which are big this spring/summer, are also fairly common on skater dresses. This colourful offering from Minkpink is in the sale on ASOS, bringing some colour to your Easter weekend.

ASOS, £45

Bank Holiday Drinks

A bank holiday calls for a night out, to take a well-earned break from the hordes of revision we all are doing (hypothetically).  For a classy night out, and as a nice alternative to your standard LBD, try pairing this white bralet from Topshop with this high-waisted white skirt from ASOS.  Pair this with a pair of strappy heels, such as these from New Look for a pop of colour.If this outfit is a touch too provocative for you, swap the white bralet for a black crop top; there are loads available on the high street, but Boohoo have a style steal for only £4. A chunky gold chain necklace gives it a bit of edge, along with a slick of red lipstick and you’re ready for your night.  

Missguided, £8.99

(All items in images available in links).

Edited by Sam Carey

I am a third year (eek!) English student at the University of Nottingham. When I'm not blogging from behind my laptop, you will find me reading, writing and being your general English Lit student.
Sam is a Third Year at the University of Nottingham, England and Campus Correspondent for HC Nottingham. She is studying English and would love a career in journalism or marketing (to name two very broad industries). But for now, her favourite pastimes include nightclubs, ebay, cooking, reading, hunting down new music, watching thought-provoking films, chatting, and attempting to find a sport/workout regime that she enjoys!