This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

This week I’m letting you in on a few of the best places to go for a cup of tea and a slice of cake in Nottingham. All of them are perfect for catching up with an old friend who you haven’t seen in a while or just as something to relieve mid-term essay stress!

The White Rabbit, 12 Hounds Gate

The White Rabbit Teahouse situated on Hounds Gate, near Market Square is perfect for taking a friend as a treat. It’s super cosy inside and all their drinks are served in traditional mismatched china. It’s a little hidden treasure, the staff are really friendly and, most importantly, the homemade cakes are absolutely delicious.

Lee Rosy’s Tea, 17 Broad Street

Opposite Broadway cinema, Lee Rosy’s is for tea fanatics, with over one hundred choices of tea on offer. You can buy your favourite too so you can recreate your cuppa at home. A wide array of tasty and unique cakes are on offer here – my friend and I have had parsnip cake here before which despite our initial doubts was actually really yummy.

Malt Cross, 16 St James Street

This café/bar is in a Grade II listed, Victorian Music Hall  which is tucked away down St James Street, off Market Square. You can feel the atmosphere as soon as you enter and it’s great for popping in for a brew after a long day shopping. It’s actually the only music hall in the country that still does what it was designed to do: serve great food and drink accompanied by a range of live music – there is a band playing every Tuesday night. HerCampus Nottingham recommends the Hot Chocolate.

Leaf Bean, Lenton Boulevard

This coffee house opened last week on Lenton Boulevard. Bright and spacious inside it’s the perfect place to escape your cold student house and catch up with a friend or pop into after a long day of lectures.

Mooch/Starbucks/Costa, Uni Park Campus

Sometimes you just need a coffee to help you through your hangover/seminar and if that’s the case then luckily there are lots of outlets on campus to help you power through! The Starbucks in Hallward is particularly tempting during those days you’re struggling with your essays! 

So hopefully you can enjoy a cuppa and a slice of cake at one of these very soon! Bon Appétit! 

Photo Sources

http://www.experiencenottingha…

Edited by Caroline Chan

Alice Dirks

Nottingham

Sam is a Third Year at the University of Nottingham, England and Campus Correspondent for HC Nottingham. She is studying English and would love a career in journalism or marketing (to name two very broad industries). But for now, her favourite pastimes include nightclubs, ebay, cooking, reading, hunting down new music, watching thought-provoking films, chatting, and attempting to find a sport/workout regime that she enjoys!