Campus Style: Exam Period Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

The “I woke up like this”

Not quite what Beyoncé had in mind when she came up with that quote, but it is perfect to describe one of the more common styles seen around campus during exam season.

This person is most commonly seen supporting sweat pants or leggings so that the comfort can distract them from the painful exams that are undoubtedly creeping up on them. Teamed with this will be a slouchy top, which you may or may not see underneath their hoody. A comfy hoody is a staple for this type of style, as it is both practical and fashionable.

An accessory that will always benefit this look is caffeine. These caffeine accessories can come in many forms and whether it’s Costa coffee, pro plus or an energy drink, it never fails to wake up this type of outfit.

The “I just love to exercise”

This style is easy to spot because of the person’s footwear (trainers) and demeanor (preppy and cheerful). They love to bounce past you whilst remarking “I just love to exercise, I find it really helps my mind to concentrate on revision”. It is okay to hate them when they do this.

Their style mainly consists of trainers and gym clothes, some even chose to wear their sports teams’ outfit. This look can be revitalized with a sports drink or a bottle of water.

Hair and makeup is very important for this style. Most people who chose this style decide on no makeup or a very light sheen of tinted moisturizer. A common hairstyle to complement this is a high ponytail, which is usually slicked back with their smugness for finishing all of their lecture notes and doing a 5K run all in one day. 

The “Exams, what exams?!”

This is a rare look, but still an important one to add to the list. Those who fall into this category are typically in denial about their upcoming exams. Why revise when you can go out and have fun? (As you can tell, this type of person is also a major procrastinator).

For most people personal hygiene takes a backseat during exam period, which makes these people easily recognizable as they breeze past you smelling of perfume. This look is nearly always complimented with a gorgeous hairstyle that took them about an hour to do, while you were slaving away with Harvard referencing. 

The style is often accessorised with a hint of impending doom from lack of revision. If only we could take modules in fashion and style, so reading Cosmopolitan could count as revision. 

Whatever style you choose to wear Her Campus Nottingham wishes everyone the best of luck in their exams!

Rachel Bates

Nottingham

20 year old student from Manchester. Studying Nutrition and Dietetics at Nottingham Uni. Interested in fashion, acting, reading and cooking.