Significant Ideas for Your Significant Other’s Stocking

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

First thing’s first…CONGRATS! You have successfully finished the HARDEST part of shopping for your significant other and finally found THE GIFT! You deserve a cold one, some Netflix, and a trip to Au Bon Pain! However, if you still feel like you need to supplement your present with smaller, more meaningful, fun or even edible gifts but are at a complete loss, have no fear! This article is meant to give you some great tips to help you compile the best stocking stuffers out there!

Tip #1: Pick a theme and stick to it.

Themes are amazing!  They narrow down the options while still allowing you to show an element of creativity. For example, if you got your boyfriend nice cologne, you might consider getting him a hand cream and chapstick to accompany it. You could even get extremely creative – for example, I once sent my boyfriend a Friday Night Lights themed package which included a Milky Way candy to represent the stars at night! It can be an idea that is so simple yet so meaningful. 

Tip #2: Homemade gifts are always appreciated.

Picture frames can be very inexpensive, and a nice picure frame with your favorite picture on the inside along with a cute quote that reminds you of your relationship would be a very appreciated gift. Homemade gifts are so thoughtful and prove that you’ve put a lot of time and energy into making something for your significant other. Here’s an example of a painting that my non-artistic boyfriend made for me to show his support for me and my school!

Tip #3: Entice your SO’s inner nerd.

Buy your SO a gift that his or her inner ten-year-old would die over. If you know that your SO had a Power Rangers obsession at age five, then buy the movie. If Spongebob was on at his or her house 24/7, go to the store and buy gummi Krabby Patty’s! It doesn’t have to be expensive – it just has to be related to something from your SO’s youth and he or she will go crazy!

Tip #4: When in doubt, give FOOD!

Local dollar stores are the absolute best place to get movie theater candy for a bargain! You can get a bunch of boxes of your bae’s favorite candies. You could also buy individual shots of alcohol, bags of chips, or even a box of K-Cups in order to fuel your SO’s inner food addict. If you’re feeling extra creative and romantic, you can make one of these candy cards from Pinterest for your man!

Tip #5: Gift cards are always an amazing option!

There is always the option to let your significant other purchase his or her own gifts! A couple of $5-10 gift cards can go a long way, especially in college! Buy one or two inexpensive items and let your SO enjoy the shopping spree!

Tip #6: Be practical!

I always love practical gifts. There are some things that I just HATE spending my own money on. Go out and buy your significant other some new socks or a new deodorant, but only if you know the specifics of what he or she likes! If you know this information about brands and sizes, it can really show that you are interested in the fine, idiosyncratic details about this person and that you are really paying attention.

What do you think, my lovely readers? Are you ready to blow your boyfriend away with this year’s gifts? HCNDXO!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love! 

Images: 1, 2, 3 provided by author, 4

Sources: 1