Sideline Style: Your HCND Guide to Game Day Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

IT’S FINALLY HERE!

We’ve waited a long time for our Fighting Irish to return to the stadium, and just as the players put on their uniforms, we put on ours. Ours, however, are usually cute ensembles that scream Irish pride! If you still don’t know what to wear, or haven’t even thought about it yet, here are some ideas:  

“The Shirt”

We are so lucky to have a program like “The Shirt.” It is a great way to unite the student body, and it looks darn cool to see everyone in the same color. “The Shirt” this year is a great representation of Notre Dame Football, as well as what it means to be Irish. So feel free to break out “The Shirt” for the first game, you won’t be the only one!

Hammes Bookstore Apparel

However, if “The Shirt” isn’t up your alley, there are many other options. Thankfully the Hammes Bookstore on campus has so many different styles! If you feel like you want to wear a cute tank top, there are tons of adorable ones to choose from. Here I have a fashionable high neck tank:

Jersey Chaser

If you are feeling extra spirited, don’t be afraid to pull out your jersey. Support the Irish by dressing just like them! The look definitely screams “SUPER FAN,” which is never a bad thing. And in a jersey, you are bound to get a super cute push-up pic, and we all know those make great profile pictures. 

*Please note that this jersey is of a quarterback who no longer attends the greatest University in the World and chose to go to some other unimportant school, so I would suggest getting a different one.

All these shirts would look great with the classic pair of denim shorts and Converse or Keds!

Spunk It Up!

If you really want to mix it up, go for it! The football games are so much fun, so we should be allowed to have fun with our outfits too! Get as crazy as you want: shiny gold leggings, overalls or basically anything you would be comfortable jumping up and down in when we win the game. Here I have a retro cheerleading skirt in basic navy blue, and a plain white Notre Dame tee.  

Don’t Forget your Spirited Accessories!

Never forget the importance of a good accessory, and for a football game you can never have too many! Throw on as many beaded necklaces, stickers, hats,  and bows as you please. Take advantage of the nice weather, before you’re covered in a big parka and no one can see what you’re rocking. So don’t be afraid to go over the top!

This is a super cool fanny pack I found on Etsy! I definitely recommend trolling (and I mean trolling) the internet for cool statement pieces for the game. It is always fun to have a piece that no one else has, it makes you stick out in the crowd and your outfit that much cooler!

Don’t have an outfit yet? No problem! We are fortunate to have the Hammes Bookstore right here on campus and they can definitely provide you with great pieces for the game.

Make sure you attend this Saturday’s game in style! Be fashionable and GO IRISH!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images all provided by author 

Hannah Dunn

Notre Dame

Hannah Dunn is a sophomore Marketing and Film, Television and Theater major at ND. Born and raised in Westchester, NY, Hannah loves to lax it up with the Women's Club Lacrosse Team, but is never opposed to a Netflix and chill. If you need a good Ben and Jerry's ice cream recommendation be sure to ask her.