This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Step 1: Think about all the times you’ll be going to the beach this summer.

Step 2: Overromanticize it.

Step 3: Realize you won’t be going to the beach all that much because you have that internship.

Step 4: Sigh with relief and go buy Oreos.

Step 5: Take the Oreos home.

Step 6: Start to eat the Oreos.

Step 7: Realize you still want to be kind of healthy.

Step 8: Give the rest of the Oreos to someone who already has a bikini body in order to sabotage them.

Step 9: Feel bad about trying to sabotage them.

Step 10: Forget your guilt.

Step 11: Wonder what to eat now that you don’t have Oreos.

Step 12:  Go back to the store and buy carrots.

Step 13: Bite into the carrot and wonder if you’ve lost your mind.

Step 14: Because this is a carrot and you don’t like carrots.

Step 15: But you really want to have some semblance of a bikini body so you can wear crop tops.

Step 16: Curse yourself for buying so many crop tops.

Step 17:  Wonder if you take another bite of the carrot that maybe you’ll like it.

Step 18: Take another bite.

Step 19: Wonder if your IQ has dropped since college.

Step 20: Know that it probably has.

Step 21: Think about your next step.

Step 22: Decide to infiltrate the system and create media representations that do not privilege insanely idealized and impossible body images.

Step 23: Go try to do that.

Step 24: Realize that will take more than a day. 

Step 25: Write a HerCampus article about How to Get a Bikini Body instead.

For more campus news and entertainment, like HCND on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Photos 12345

Katherine is a junior/senior, graduating a year early.  She is a Film, Television and Theatre major with a performance concentration. Active in the theatre community on campus, she has appeared in 8 theatrical performances and is a producer for a student theatre group. She is also an aspiring playwright; an original play she co-wrote is premiering at Notre Dame in the spring. She loves effective air fresheners and putting her Spotify account on private sessions.