Going on a Roadtrip as Told by HIMYM

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

With only one week before returning to their home under the Dome, Notre Dame students will soon be busy packing and traveling. Many will reach South Bend, IN via the road-trip, an experience that is physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually demanding. In fact,

At the beginning of the trip, you may be super excited to embark on the journey ahead:

But the euphoria will soon pass and be replaced with boredom,

Exhaustion,

Possibly lashing out when someone asks an innocent question,

And/or desperation to exit the confines of the vehicle.

Even walking would be better than this.

But, there are somethings to can do to pass the time:

Play a fun car game (but hopefully not Marshall’s slap bet):

Read a book, 

Listen to your favorite tunes,

Eat the delicious snacks you packed for yourself,

Or simply sleep through the trip.

And when you see the first sign for South Bend/Notre Dame, you’ll be ecstatic:

But that’s nothing to when you finally ARRIVE at Notre Dame!!!!!

And yet, it will be a little sad to end the trip, because so many memories were made along the way.

The HCND application is now open! For more information contact Rebecca Rogalski at rebeccarogalski@hercampus.comor Katrina Linden at katrinalinden@hercampus.com

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us, and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17

Katie Surine

Notre Dame

Katie is a senior (where did the time go???!!!) living in Lewis Hall. From Baltimore, MD, Katie is pursuing a double major in Vocal Music and Anthropology. Besides writing for HCND, she sings with Opera Notre Dame, choral groups, and she is a pianist for Lewis Hall weekly Mass and Lucenarium, or "Luce" for short. Other interests include baking, reading, traveling, composing, and all things Italian.