This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner, and what better place to be celebrating than at the Home of the Fighting Irish!

Whether you’re heading over to O’Rourke’s on Eddy Street for dinner and drinks or hanging around campus with friends, St. Patrick’s Day is a fun-filled holiday and a great one to celebrate at Notre Dame. If you’re looking for more ways to get in the St. Patrick’s Day spirit, look no further! Here are some awesome recipes and other ideas to check out this St. Patrick’s Day, courtesy of Pinterest!

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

A green dessert is a festive item to serve at a St. Patrick’s Day party or a small get-together with friends! Or, if you’re feeling generous, they’re a great week night study snack to share with the fellow residents of your dorm. These cookies require relatively little preparation and look absolutely delicious! Also, mint and chocolate flavors go very well together. This recipe will certainly be a favorite for anyone who likes mint chocolate chip ice cream. If this recipe sounds enticing, give them a try here.

Shamrock Rolo Pretzels

If you’re a fan of Rolos, pretzels, and chocolate desserts, this St. Patrick’s Day recipe is the one for you. This cute and festive dessert is created by melting a Rolo between three pretzels and placing an M&M on top (preferably a green one!). Make this dessert on a stick and decorate it with a green ribbon for an extra festive touch. Try it out here.

Irish Soda Bread

Looking to make something more traditional this year? Try this recipe for Irish Soda Bread! It calls for only a few ingredients and is a great option for someone looking to take on a new baking challenge. This bread will be a great addition to your St. Patrick’s Day festivities.

Make-Your-Own Shamrock Shake

Love the Shamrock Shakes at McDonald’s? Get creative and make your own version of this festive drink! Here is a recipe that offers a made-at-home version of this classic beverage.

Decorate Your Room!

Whether decorating the outside of your door or adding some festive decorations to the inside of your room, St. Patrick’s Day is a fun holiday to spice it up with some shamrocks and other green items. If you’re looking for a craft to do, make some adorable mason jars like these with green paint and other decorative elements!

Head over to the Bookstore!

If you’re looking for shamrock-covered clothing items or other festive apparel, the Notre Dame bookstore certainly has a lot to offer. From face stickers to festive beads, you will certainly be able to find something to accessorize your St. Patrick’s Day outfit there.

WEAR GREEN!

Throw on your Notre Dame spirit wear or head over to the thrift store and look for a fun new outfit! Wearing green is truly part of the St. Patrick’s Day celebration, especially if you’re heading out to a celebratory event.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day collegiettes! Celebrate this holiday the Irish way!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us, and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6