This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

It’s finally here collegiettes! CUP has announced the Springfest lineup and ending the week of fun will be a concert by Kid Cudi.

This Ohio native (whose real name is Scott Ramon Seguro Mescudi…), is a hip-hop singer, but his resume doesn’t end there. Cudi is also a songwriter, guitarist, record producer, actor and music video director. If all that didn’t impress you, he also sold 4.6 million digital singles.

After discovering his love for music, he decided to move out of Ohio and move to Brooklyn New York to pursue his career. He began writing some songs for Kanye West and West was quick to give him credit for it.

Media outlets everywhere were suddenly saying Cudi was the next big thing, and MTV put him high on the list of “MCs to Watch in 2009.”

Our favorites are of course “Day n’ Nite” and “Make Her Say.” Once his career took off, he didn’t slow down. His third album was released in late 2012, and his new single “Immortal” is now available on iTunes!

As a huge country fan, I usually don’t venture out and listen to hip-hop, but Cudi is my exception. Northeastern is so excited to be hosting such an awesome artist for Springfest, and he’s sure to have us all on the pursuit of happiness (pun intended).

Photo cred photo 2

Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!